Wednesday, March 05, 2003

yuck, i feel icky. i won't go into details but i feel like i do when i've had like ice cream or something (for those of you that don't know, i'm über lactose intolerant). however, the whole day i only had an apple, some carrot sticks, a bowl of cereal (Kix with soy milk), and some nuts and raisins. nothing that should be making me sick. the only thing i can think is that it could be the Kix, which would fucking blow cuz its my favorite cereal in the entire history of the world. it might have whey powder or something in it, which has been known to make me sick. or i actually AM allergic to wheat. but i think its just got most likely casein in it and i just had a bigger bowl than i normally do so that could be it....but i didn't start feeling sick until a couple of hours ago. maybe its partly because i'm tired now too....i don't know, but it sucks and i swear my digestive system wants to kill me.

seriously, for those of you not familiar with my eating habits....its nuts. i can only be rivaled (well, all right, beaten...but i might be gaining) by Katey in my diet restrictions. for starters, i'm strict vegetarian, so no meats in any form, nothing made with lard, no gelatin (this has been pissing me the fuck off lately, because there are like 2 types of candy not containing gelatin, i can't even eat altoids), i try to stay away from white sugar because of its being filtered thru bone charcoal, no parmesan cheese or any other food made with rennet, etc., you get the picture. if i didn't believe in it so strongly i would never do it. then comes my lactose intolerance. if i take a handful of enzyme pills, i might be abe to deal with, like, quesadillas. but lately they've stopped selling the brand i used to take and the only ones i can find taste like ass, so i've been avoiding dairy as much as i can. which is tougher than you'd think for someone as sensitive as me. like i mentioned before, there's tricky ingredients like casein in almost everything so its hard to avoid. when my mom and i go grocery shopping, we spend a LOT of time straining our eyes reading the ingredients labels.

anyway, i'm sure no one wanted to read a description of things i can't eat and why. but this is why you should not mock me when you see me eating a lunch of carrot sticks and grapes - its probly all we had in the house that i could eat. and oh my god...about a quarter of our freezer is just fake meat products (and theres a lot of shit crammed into our freezer). you name it, i've probly tried it or at least can tell you about it. (note: Smart Dogs are very good. Boca Spicy Chicken Patties are alarmingly spicy, eat with caution. Quorn and Morningstar rock my world.)

i'm tired and rambling, can you tell? time for sleep.